The LexisNexis Tax for General Practice webinar programme covers key tax issues for practitioners who may not be specialists. As always, there is a lot to talk about. In the March budget, the Chancellor announced several changes which may have implications for capital allowances, and the latest Capital Allowances webinar (available here) with John Lovell and Kirsty Palacci provides guidance on these points plus much more.
Taxpayers will continue to benefit from claiming capital allowances where they incur capital expenditure on an existing commercial property. Capital allowances are not given automatically; the writing down allowance needs to be claimed. However due to a lack of awareness of the law and misconceptions about how the system works, the claiming of capital allowances has been overlooked on many sales. After-tax yields can be increased by incorporating capital allowances benefits so capital allowances particulars should not be perceived as being of little value.
This webinar will cover:
- Reminder of key practical implications of FA 2014 Fixtures Legislation
- Key issues for tax advisers when buying & selling commercial properties
- Key strategies and case studies
- Commercial Property Standard Enquiries (CPSE) responses
- Capital allowances contract wording
To access the webinar, please click here, using the code client20.